Project: United Nations
Destination: Republic of Haiti
Main features of each tank:
- Capacities: 50.000 L and 20.000 L.
- Tanks are butt-welded in accordance with EN 12285-2 , with EN 287-1 “approval testing of welders” and with EN 288 “specifications and qualification of welding procedures for metallic materials.
- Material: carbon steel S235JR according to UNI EN 10025.
- Tanks are equipped with ladder and top platform provided with handrail for maintenance and inspections; ladder and platform are designed and manufactured in accordance with the CAL/OSHA guidelines.
- Tanks are provided with two approved steel supports or saddles, designed and manufactured in accordance with Standard EN 12285-2.
- 850 mm diameter (745 mm clear passage) ingress manhole with tight and bolted cover; bolts used will be in accordance with EN ISO 898-1.
- 3” filling pipe, complete with ball valves and male Cam lock coupling + dust cup.
- Mechanical overfill protection device realized by an overfill prevention valve.
- 3” suction pipe, complete with foot valve, ball valves and male Cam lock coupling with dust cup.
- 2” weather-proof vent with pressure/vacuum breather valve with flame arrestor device, ATEX certified.
- Additional emergency vent in accordance with NFPA-30 Fire Code to prevent the tank from becoming over-pressurized and possibly rupturing if ever exposed to fire.
- 10″ steel inspection hatch with weather tight and lockable cover.
- 1” drain pipe provided with a lockable ball valve.
- Automatic tank gauge consisting of a magnetostrictive linear displacement and level transducer that can measure linear displacements (with a magnetic ring) as well as liquid levels (with a magnetic float).
- All piping, fittings, couplings, gaskets, flanges, valves are certified about compatibility with Diesel Fuel.
- Tanks and piping are sandblasted at sa2,5 grade (according with ISO EN 8501-1), primed and painted with two-part of epoxy white paint.